RE: directory objects

From: Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:28:56 -0600

Using an Oracle client on a linux box going to a db server on AIX. We have an externally identified account that processes batch files on the db server. Everything is fine if they are both on the same server. We are in the process of moving the account and its work to the linux box.

Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:01:14 -0800From: jkstill_at_gmail.comTo: joe_dba_at_hotmail.comSubject: Re: directory objectsCC: oracle-l_at_freelists.orgWhat problem are you hoping to solve with this? On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

Is it possible to use DIRECTORY OBJECTS between servers? Have DIRECTORY OBJECTS from database A on server A point to and create its files on server B? thanks.

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!-- Jared StillCertifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist

Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give. http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=text_hotmail_join