METALINK: Frozen userid?

From: Gus Spier <>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:28:14 -0500

Now here's the oddest thing ...

I've just completed building a little development database on a laptop and went to metalink to look for the latest critical patch update.

I log in with my userid and password and, much to my surprise, recieve the response "1 error has occurred

  • This userid is frozen. Contact your MetaLink customer user administrator."

Exactly what or who is the "MetaLink customer user administrator"? I can't even get to my profile to find the CSI number to begin to look it up!

Anybody seen this before? What causes this?