RE: JDBC and login.sql

From: Baumgartel, Paul <>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:35:01 -0500

To the best of my knowledge, only SQL*Plus reads login.sql. You should be able to do what you want with a login trigger; you can identify the specific users by executing the sys_context function and examining the pertinent 'userenv' values.

Paul Baumgartel
Information Technology
Prime Services Databases Americas
One Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010
Phone 212.538.1143

[] On Behalf Of Crisler, Jon Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:29 PM To:
Subject: JDBC and login.sql

Does the login.sql get run if a user connects to a 10g db via JDBC ? I want to put some specific settings for specific JDBC users....such as "alter session set session_cached_cursors" and the only way I can think of is via login.sql.