RE: Advanced RMAN

From: Baumgartel, Paul <>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:11:46 -0500

Recovery scenarios other than full database recovery: tablespace recovery, tablespace point-in-time recovery, recovery to a different server/database name (for recoverying a specific schema, for example). Parallelism. Database cloning. Backing up backupsets.

Paul Baumgartel
Information Technology
Prime Services Databases Americas
One Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010
Phone 212.538.1143

[] On Behalf Of Robert Freeman Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:35 PM To:
Subject: Advanced RMAN

I'd appreciate your thoughts and input. I'm putting together a 1 or 2 day seminar on advanced RMAN. My problem is that I'm having trouble deciding exactly WHAT advanced RMAN is and what would be covered in such a topic (one man's advanced is another mans daily routine). Anyone want to provide some input?

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: (Oracle Press)