RE: high "latch: cache buffers chains" waits in 10.2.0.3 DB

From: <krish.hariharan_at_quasardb.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:01:53 -0700

If you are dealing with two separate problems it may be better to eliminate one of them. The first problem I would try to eliminate is the max processes. Start out with Shared Servers (a measure of success would be to know, by sampling, max number of active sessions); you could go to town by implementing connection pooling and multiplexing, but start with a simple shared server model. I have built perl/cgi based web apps and have successfully dealt with them using MTS/SS.

This may give you the breather necessary to see if the second problem is related to above or a separate issue.

Regards,
-Krish
President/Executive Architect, Quasar Database Technologies, LLC http://www.linkedin.com/in/quasardb