Re: hardware change to 64-bit

From: Ahbaid Gaffoor <ahbaid_at_att.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:43:59 -0800

Joan,

are you saying the db is currently 64-bit while the OS is 32-bit?

sounds like it should be the other way around, the OS is already 64-bit but the db is 32-bit.

If the latter is true, do a search on metalink for changing word size, in short you will need to use utlirp/utlrp, in my experience disabling system triggers helps if you have logon triggers getting in the way of things.

You may need to take care of several OS kernel parameters, but it sounds like that's already been done.

Ahbaid