Profile on RAC

From: Oliver Jost <Oliver.Jost_at_ca.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:11:06 -0500

Hi All,

   Just a small issue I wanted to throw out there in case someone might have input. I have a 2 node cluster on which I have a profile given to all users... under normal circumstances the user is limited to 3 concurrent sessions (previously on our standalone). Unfortunately, it seems that the profile is limited per node and the users can have 6 concurrent sessions if the load balancer passes them to the second node... Without handling the number of sessions programmatically... am I missing something? I would ultimately like to restrict the number of sessions globally (i.e. regardless of instance on the cluster the user should be restricted to 3 sessions).

Thank you,

     Oliver