RE: Rman restore from backup on disk

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:46:56 -0500

Hmmm. The Problem came about because of a clone. They want to keep the clone, but they need some data out of the database that disappeared.

I want to restore the database that disappeared without bothering the existing clone.

(I can use another server, and recover, but I'm looking for the answer. ie put on same server alongside existing cloned database, but with different name).

2nd topic but related:
With a cold backup, (or user created online backups), I can just restore the needed tablespaces/datafiles I want by editing the trace file first. How about with RMAN?

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546