RE: Oracle 10g client / Oracle 8i database

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:54:37 -0500

If I remember correctly, 10g client will not connect to 8i database. OTOH, 9i client will.

Igor

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Dennis Williams Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 2:48 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Oracle 10g client / Oracle 8i database

List,

Some developers are starting a development project. Initially their database will be Oracle 8i. Later we will upgrade the database to Oracle 10g. The developers are asking if they can start with their client PCs at Oracle 10g. Does anybody have any experiences with 10g client / 8i database? I would check on Metalink, but I think all the 8i information has been removed.

Thanks,
Dennis Williams