RE: Can I pass a parameter into an RMAN Script?

From: <>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:24:48 -0700

I didn't think you could pass parameters. I have used shell scripts to parameterize instead of calling stored scripts. I would think you could use global scripts, instead, and the flash recovery area to achieve your ends (or for that matter stored configuration). I haven't used rman stored scripts in many years and not sure what the behaviour is if you changed catalogs.

Krish Hariharan

President/Executive Architect, Quasar Database Technologies, LLC