dbms_profiler and utl_file seems like not getting correct timings

From: Oxnard Montalvo <oxnard_at_carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:27:15 -0500

version 10r2

Are there any issues with using dbms_profiler and getting accurate timings from utl_file.put_line. Seems like it is not measuring the timing correctly.

When I have utl_file.put_line in the code and total the total_time select sum(total_time) from plsql_profiler_data where runid = 6;

I get about five mins, but the code takes about 30 mins to run. The line# of the utl_file.put_line shows a time of just over a minute.

When I comment out the the utl_file.put_line. The line# of the utl_file.put_line does not show up... since it is commented out. But the value of select sum(total_time) from plsql_profiler_data where runid = 7; Matches the runtime.

Did not see anything on metalink ... any known issues?

Thanks
Ox