Re: CRS/RAC external-procedure handling

From: Greg Norris <spikey.mcmarbles_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:06:12 -0600

For anyone who's curious, I was indeed able to convince CRS to run our extproc listener as a restricted (non-DBA) user. The steps were actually fairly simple, although I took a number of detours along the way.

  1. Create the listener in the usual manner via *netca*, and ensure that it's shutdown.
  2. Convince your friendly neighborhood SysAdmin to run the following commands, which set the CRS ownership/permissions for the listener resource, as root. The specific resource name can be determined using the * crs_stat* utility... in my case it was * ora.dkds0602.LISTENER_EXTPROC_DKDS0602.lsnr*.
$ crs_setperm RESOURCE -o USER
$ crs_setperm RESOURCE -g GROUP
$ crs_setperm RESOURCE -u user:oracle:r-x

Once this is done, it's a straightforward matter of ensuring that the relevant file and directory permissions are set correctly (listener.ora, log/trace directories, external procedure libraries, etc.), after which the listener can be started normally via the *srvctl* command.

My thanx to Dan Norris for pointing me in the right direction!

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.