RAC new bie help needed

From: nilesh kumar <nileshkum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 03:59:36 +0530

Hello All,

Hope every one is doing good.

I am newly learning RAC 10g, and I am planing to implement RAC for learning purpose at my home.
my question is " I already have a system with specification as

System1:-
Pentium 4 with 2.8ghz processor
Intel original 865 mother board.
1GB of ram.

and I have bought a new system today with the following specifications

System2:-
Pentium 4 with quad core of 2.4 ghz processor. Intel DGF33 mother board.
2GB of ram.

I just now read in RAC-2-day pdf that "Oracle doen't support machines having different chip architecture." Will i be able to implement RAC with the system i have.? Please reply to this mail with your suggestion please.

Thanks
Nilesh Soni
--

Soni
Temples & Softwares are more or less the same, first we build them and then we pray ;)

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Feb 22 2008 - 16:29:36 CST

Original text of this message