RE: How to derive the process ID of its own session?

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:32:10 -0500

Note if the complete query that errored with ORA-01427 was something like

select paddr from v$session
where sid = (select sid from v$mystat where rownum = 1)

It can be fixed by adding
and rownum =1
as the third line

Normally, if dedicated sessions are used, only one session will exist for a specific process however Oracle will use a second session to run recursive SQL so you can sometimes get two sessions for a background process.

  • Mark D Powell -- Phone (313) 592-5148