Re: Which Linux??

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:28:04 -0600 (CST)

Hey David,

All Linux source, by definition, are free. Supported binary distros are easy to find as well. I used Oracle's flavor of x86 RedHat from http://edelivery.oracle.com/linux to install 10gR2 Grid Control. Since I have not (yet) purchased the $99 annual maintenance on it, I don't get any package updates on it, and that's fine for me for now.

As an FYI, a buddy recently showed me Metalink article 376183.1 which says you MUST install the games that come with RedHat in order to then install Oracle. Kinda funny if it wasn't so sad.

GL!

Rich