RE: Which Linux??

From: Sweetser, Joe <>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:11:28 -0700

I've had pretty good luck/experiences with CentOS.

[] On Behalf Of David cheyne Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:48 AM To: Oracle Mailing List
Subject: Which Linux??

I am thinking of running at 10/11g on a FREE Linux. I know the amount of patches you need to stabilise Oracle and get it running can be an issue, SO . . .Of the many flavours out there, which do you consider the best and most stable? I've used Solaris and HP-UX for many years, so know my way around UNIX well.

Your thoughts please. . .

David Cheyne

Oracle Database Administrator