RE: Facing poor performance on Oracle 10.2.0.2 running on RHEL 4

From: Pratap Singh (c) <psingh_at_vmware.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:52:55 -0800

We were facing poor performance on Oracle 10.2.0.2 database. Query were generated by OBI tool. Lots of similar query with hard coded literals.

We changed cursor_sharing=similar and performance is better by a factor of 2+.
Query earlier taking 10 sec are finishing in 1 sec.

Any gotcha for this setting We should be aware of?

TIA.
PB Singh

PB Singh
DW Architect and Sr Data Modeler