concurrent I/O on aix server

From: Joe Smith <>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:26:33 -0600

Does anybody have experience with concurrent I/O on AIX 5.3 64-bit server?

All documents that I have read state to set JFS2 block size to the database db_block_size.

That would mean agblksize=db_block_size=16k for my database. Is that true?

All documents that I have seen set agblksize=512.

Also, redo logs, archive logs, and controlfiles should not be on JFS2 that are mounted with concurrent I/O. Is that true?