Re: Licensing costs

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:48:01 +0000

Did you consider SE for this. I've just gone to the Oracle store (and found it moved and is on apps 12!)

dual node rac install on SE = £33k.
dual node rac install on EE = £119k.

Neither of these quotes have any discount. If you can live without EE and don't mind paying 25% of the price this might work for you. To be honest given that you could be running SE on quad-core chips for the same price EE takes an awful lot of selling to me for most applications these days.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA