Re: ASM Host Mirroring

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:44:21 +0100

Hi Roman

This will be a two node 10gR2 RAC set up. So no preferred read :-(

Imagine the write request comes from node 1, i.e +ASM1, so ASM1 will issue one write request in local SAN and the other remote? How about reads?

Looking soe stretch cluster setup diagrams with host based mirroring t gives impression that when write is requested from one node, that node writes locally and send a request thorugh some sort of network to remote node.

Thanks

--
LSC