Re: 10g ODBC driver

From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrichdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:06:44 -0600

When you do your custom install, be sure to select "Oracle Windows Interfaces."

Here's the fun part. If you try to automate the installation, "Oracle Windows Interfaces" (or its sub-components) cannot be specified in a response file. It was there in the 9i client, but not in 10g. I haven't tried the 11g client yet.

Also, be sure to save yourself some frustration by installing the ODBC driver before you install any patchsets.

--
Jason Heinrich