RE: Create standby DB non-ASM, non_OMF from Primary ASM and OMF

From: neil campbell <campbell.neil_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:21:59 +1030

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

    Send
Pete, you are absolutely right. this isn't something I would propose in any environment that was in anyway important or business critical. It was more of a technical question on whether it was possible to achieve it without ongoing maintenance in the event a datafile etc was added.

Many thanks for the pointers to DBMS_FILE_TRANSFER, i hadn;t thought of that as an option, tending to always use RMAN. For my understanding, I will give that option a try !

Regards

Neil

New music from the Rogue Traders - listen now! http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=832&referral=hotmailtaglineOct07&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/roguetraders