Re: Intentional Corruption

From: Luke Davies <luke.davies_at_hansard.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:50:04 +0000

Ahbaid

I was also interested in this type of scenario when I was playing with RMAN recovery scenarios so I wrote a small c program that introduces 20 byte corruptions in a given file.

If you would like this code then please let me know. I think that it would not be prudent to just place it in the public domain!

Luke

Ahbaid Gaffoor wrote:
> Is there a way to intentionally introduce block level corruption?
>
> I'd like to play with some scenarios to learn more about DBMS_REPAIR
>
> thanks
>
> Ahbaid

The contents of this message and any attachments are confidential and are intended for the use of the persons to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, forward, use or alter the message in any way, nor disclose its contents to any other person. Please notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail from your system, if you so wish you can contact us on +44 1624 688000. The sender is not responsible for any alterations that may have occurred without authorisation. Any files attached to this email will have been checked by us with virus detection software before transmission. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments, as we do not accept any liability for loss or damage which may be caused by viruses.

For information regarding company registration please visit the contact page at www.hansard.com