Re: RAC service with Websphere

From: Sanjay Mishra <>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:53:35 -0800 (PST)

Problem is resolved as it look like a bracket issue. The strange thing I found during the troubleshoot is that jdbc string is taking service_name differently than Oracle_sid jdbc:oracle:thin:@gsdk1-vip:1521:gsdksrv ---Failed jdbc:oracle:thin:@gsdk1-vip:1521/gsdksrv ---Worked

  • Original Message ---- From: Roman Podshivalov <> To: Cc: Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:24:36 PM Subject: Re: RAC service with Websphere

Did you check that service you are trying to use in the connection definition was registered with listener running on gsdk1-vip:1521 (hint: LOCAL_LISTENER in init.ora) ? Can you connect like that : sqlplus user/password_at_gsdk1-vip:1521/gsdkserv ?

On 2/13/08, Sanjay Mishra <> wrote: Can somebody share the RAC configuration with Websphere. This is 5 node RAC and using the following

If I try
jdbc:oracle:thin:@gsdk1-vip:1521:gsdkdb1 --> Which is Instance 1 running on gsdk1, it is working but I replace it with Service name gsdkserv, it is not working

Sqlplus, Toad or other client tools are working but the issue with websphere config. Anybody can chare the resourcex.xml config file

Error is coming like
DSRA8201W: DataSource Configuration: DSRA8040I: Failed to connect to the DataSource. Encountered java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: NL Exception was generatedDSRA0010E: SQL State = nulljavascript:SpellCheckOnSend(); Send, Error Code = 17,002.