Create standby DB non-ASM, non_OMF from Primary ASM and OMF

From: neil campbell <>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:57:06 +1030

I am having a bit of a mental block !

Primary is on ASM and using OMF, i want to create a standby that does not use ASM and OMF, and i'm (trying to) use RMAN DUPLICATE

When creating the standby, I dont think I can use DB_FILE_NAME_CONVERT as in :- DB_FILE_NAME_CONVERT = '+DATADG', '/u02'

The result would be a filename being converted from something like +DATADG/datafile/system.259.639693489 to /u02/ora/datafile/system.259.639693489

When I really want the datafile to be something like /u02/oradata/stdby/system01.dbf'

I could during the RMAN duplicate, use a run block to run SET NEWNAME, which would rename each of the datafiles to the format I want, but then, what would happen when a new file is added to the primary, how would that be propagated to the standby ?

Is there a way around this, or do i have to go from OMF to OMF ?

It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at Received on Wed Feb 13 2008 - 21:27:06 CST

Original text of this message