RE: EM re-configure an agent - SOLUTION

From: John Hallas <john.hallas_at_bjss.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 12:41:31 -0000

The problem was due to two issues

When the server had been rebuilt the NIS config had not been set up to use DNS. Once I determined where the agent trace file was (AGENT_HOME/sysman/log/emagent.trc) it was quite easy to spot the error message and from there fix the DNS lookup.

The second problem was that I had inadvertently entered the OMS port as 1159 and not 4889 (1159 being the port for the OEM URL). Metalink note 444901.1 was very helpful in tracking this down and I followed this to tidy the installation up.

Thank you to all the replies and in particular to Ghassan Salem for his assistance

John

The information included in this email and any files transmitted with it may contain information that is confidential and it must not be used by, or its contents or attachments copied or disclosed, to persons other than the intended addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify BJSS. In the absence of written agreement to the contrary BJSS’ relevant standard terms of contract for any work to be undertaken will apply. Please carry out virus or such other checks as you consider appropriate in respect of this email. BJSS do not accept responsibility for any adverse effect upon your system or data in relation to this email or any files transmitted with it. BJSS Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (Company Number 2777575), VAT Registration Number 613295452, Registered Office Address, First Floor, Coronet House, Queen Street, Leeds, LS1 2TW