Oracle Reports Builder starting with errors...

From: Grabowy, Chris <>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:11:52 -0500

We have a developer that started using Reports Builder 10g and keeps getting errors when starting the tool:

REP-0201: Zero or negative block size requested (Definition Manager Memory Subsystem)

and then...

REP-0069: Internal error

and then...

REP-0069: Internal error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Illegal name: oracle/dss/pds/bibeans/xrpds/XRPDS

After OKing those errors he attempts to open a report but continues to receive errors.

Myself and other DBAs have been able to start Reports Builder with no errors.

We all Citrix into a Windows 2003 box where Reports Builder is installed.

Our environment variables match the developers.

I poked around Documents and Settings trying to find an Application Data or Local Settings folder related to Reports Builder, but found nothing.

I googled and checked Metalink but have found nothing related to receiving these error message when simply trying to start the tool.

Help? Ideas?

TIA.   Chris