encryption possible with replication?

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:00:55 -0500

We have some data encrypted via TDE on a 10.2.3 database on AIX. There has been a request to use replication to replicate those same tables to a 9207 database on a Windows server. Has anybody done anything like this? I thought that TDE came out with 10gR2 so I don't see how this will be possible. It seems like the replication would fail. Plus, even if it could be set up, the wallets/encryption key would be different on the two servers. Any thoughts or experience with this?

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_jan