RE: How to force Oracle Streams restart and uni-directional

From: Ajay Thotangare <>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 15:57:39 -0800 (PST)

  Till now you might have found some workaround for your problem. If not, you can try one "undocumented" method. I will rather call it as a trick than method. I have tried this earlier and it did work for me on solaris.   Reset your start_scn,first_scn of capture process to appropriate point and create missing archivelogs files    i.e. suppose you have archivelogs 1,2,3,4,5,8,9 and 10 Note:archive log 7 and 8 is missing.   Reset start_scn,first_scn of capture process to 8 or 9th log.   make copies of log 5 and name it as 6 and 7   start the capture process.
  capture process will scan hearder for scn and bypass log 7 and 8. it will see scn of log 9 in range and start mining it.

  Ajay Thotangare
  Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc.