RMAN RESTORE TO NEW SERVER

From: Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:20:58 -0600

Hi guys,

          I'm migrating a number of 9.2.0.1.0 32 &64 bit DBs to new servers with "rman"

At some point we'll be upgrading them there.

        They asked me to rename all files to new naming (directory) standards.

I'm not big "rman" user, but everything has gone well so far until I hit the largest DB.

  It's about 800G and at first only 500 was allocated.

When it was pointed out we needed another 500 it was allocated but to another 500G directory.

When doing the restore how can I get some files to go to the new FS?

Or do I have to have them increase old FS?

  I've tried the SET NEWNAME command and when I run it it says it worked but the files always want to go to original place.

 RUN     {

SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE '/x/system01.dbf' TO '/y/system01.dbf' ;

    SWITCH DATAFILE ALL;     }

The others were easy. Just changed initora and moved controlfiles to new directory.

Then ran

ALTER DB RENAME (had linked old directories to new ones)

            Again this is 9.2.0.1.0.

            THX             Larry

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition.

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank you.