Re: RMAN setup with TSM

From: Dan Norris <>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:49:42 -0800 (PST)

Here's what I had from a relatively recent config on Linux x86-64,

# 1. TDP agent must be installed and configured by OS team
# 2. create symlink to lib like this:
# ln -s /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/ $ORACLE_HOME/lib/
# 3. setup rman settings for SBT_TAPE device (instead of default DISK)
We also had to do:
chown oracle /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/tdpoerror.log

in order for oracle to be able to run backups.

That should get you in the ball park.

  • Original Message ---- From: Ravi Gaur <> To: "" <> Sent: Friday, February 8, 2008 2:20:21 PM Subject: RMAN setup with TSM

Hello everyone,
If someone has got RMAN configured w/ TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager), would they be willing to share the configuration steps (or point me to appropriate references)? I'm trying to configure RMAN ( to backup directly to the TSM media (ver 5).

Thank you,
- Ravi