RE: Do you store your archive logs in ASM managed disk space?

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 22:28:48 +0100

Peter,

I always use the asm diskgroups to store the archived redo logs (but I only use ASM for rac systems, for which I find it easier to use a shared filesystem for the archived redo logs).

When taking backups I also backup the archived redo logs with rman. Have you considered using the controlfile autobackup feature instead of backing up the controlfile yourself?

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator