Re: Solaris Cluster Patches & Oracle Executable

From: Mike Rothouse <mrothouse_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:59:33 -0500

As Romas mentioned Metalink Note 131321.1, I also see there is automatic linking under certain conditions.

"Relinking occurs automatically under these circumstances: - An Oracle product has been installed with an Oracle provided installer. - An Oracle patch set has been applied via an Oracle provided installer."

Would this include the quarterly Critical Patch Updates? Just wondering if relinking will occur at some point in the future that you would need to be aware of so as not to encounter problems.

Mike