Re: is the java option required to enable xa transactions?

From: Roman Podshivalov <roman.podshivalov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 09:22:05 -0500

Hi,

The answer would be - it depends. If you want to utilize Oracle internal XA Transaction Manager (TM) - yes you need to install Jserver and run initxa.sql as a part of the installation. If Oracle participates in XA transaction just as a resource you should be fine without any additional configuration, but you have to use external TM (BEA, etc). It's rather confusing subject and this summer we spent a week trying to find all configuration details when we run into an issue with duplicated XA transactions.

HTH
--romas