RE: SAN storage

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:52:55 -0500

I agree with Andrew. I worked with EMC and IBM Shark on Sun and both work just fine. SAN disk is becoming a commodity. Cheaper, faster & better.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:49 AM To: p4cldba_at_gmail.com
Cc: Oracle List
Subject: Re: SAN storage

There are only three factors, in whatever order is important to you:

-speed, price, and reliability.

I have worked with EMC and Hitachi on Solaris, and been happy with both.

On Feb 5, 2008 5:55 PM, Prasad <p4cldba_at_gmail.com> wrote:

        All,

        I have a Oracle 10gR2 database on Solaris 9 which is going to be few TB in 6 months time . and my manager wants me to come up with some recommendation for a SAN storage .so Please advise me on what you think can be a best storage solution

        and also what are the key factors that one should look into before deciding on which SAN vendors to choose from?

        Thanks in Advance

	regards
	_Prasad

--