RE: Doubt: Changing datafile MAX SIZE on

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:01:46 -0500

You can do the same thing in Oracle 9i, 8i, 8 and probably 7.

[] On Behalf Of Ricardo Santos Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 11:46 AM To:
Subject: Doubt: Changing datafile MAX SIZE on

Hello to you all,
first of all, sorry for such a dummy question, but ... I have a small doubt about changing the MAZ SIZE property of a datafile, on a database version 2003 Server): Can I change it with the system online (ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\SOMETHING.DBF' AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 1000M MAXSIZE 20000M;)? Or do I have to take any special caution ? On Oracle 10g, I know I can, because I already did it before, but on 9i ...

Thanks for all your attention.

Best regards,