Re: running oracle on non-install user

From: Peter McLarty <peter.mclarty_at_pacificdbms.com.au>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:46:11 +1000

Hi
I will assume Unix or Linux as you mentioned links, only available in Windows 2008

This isn't as silly as it sounds.
Each user that you wish to run an instance under needs to be added to the DBA group, then they can run the installed binaries. No need for links, just tell the user to use that Oracle_home and run and create the database.

I would however suggest that you dont use the same binaries i.e ORacle_Home for test/development and production. This will limit your ability to apply Oracle patches for testing prior to them going to production

Cheers

Peter