failover on partitioned tables

From: Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 20:18:50 +0700

all,

I got something weird on RAC failed over on partitioned tables.

  1. select * from sh.sales; (partitioned tables) and then sutdown abort on the particular instance the session waiting and never end

create table t1 as select * from sh.sales;

2. select * from sh.sales; (NON partitioned tables)   and then sutdown abort on the particular instance   the session waiting for a while and continue - as we expected of course.

I thinking that oracle could not failed over due to partition that should reconfigure or even conflicting on session which spread to nodes (because of parallel query).

is my guess is correct, or other fact/insight??

--

regards
ujang

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Feb 04 2008 - 07:18:50 CST