Re: So who said it first .... (semi off topic)

From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 08:01:26 -0700

"The most optimized statement is the one that is never executed." - Anjo Kolk

I don't recall where I first heard it, but I did confirm this with Anjo before I used it in a presentation in 2003 or so.

--
Daniel Fink

Oracle Performance, Diagnosis and Training

OptimalDBA    http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog   http://optimaldba.blogspot.com