Re: Fw: So who said it first .... (semi off topic)

From: Robyn <robyn.sands_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 11:15:11 -0500

hmmm ... suppose I need to check with Cary and Anjo and see if they can attribute the original sentiment to someone.

I really hope it's someone other than Cary ... I'm already quoting his work on two methods; I'd like to have a little more variety in my references :)

I do like the quote from Anjo. It's more precise than the one I was planning to use.

thank you and additional recollections would be appreciated ... Robyn

On 2/3/08, Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm inclined to think Cary may have got it off Dave Ensor/Graham
> Wood/Chris Ellis. We used that philosophy in the Oracle UK Performance
> Studies Group back around 89-91. But I doubt I have any surviving
> references...
>
> Cheers Nigel

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up
where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams