Unix Windows differences

From: Michael Hennesy <michael.hennesy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:27:15 +0000 (GMT)

I have always worked with Unix (mostly Solaris) as the OS for Oracle. When I need to upgrade, for example from 10.2.0.2 to 10.2.0.3, I would create a new Oracle home, install 10.2.0.1 followed by 10.2.0.3. After upgrading if something went wrong I could easily restore the instance, and bring it up under the old home basically by changing the entries in oratab.

I would like to do the same thing in Windows, can someone point me to a document that has the steps to accomplish this on a windows platform. What's the equivalent of oratab in Windows?

Thanks - Mike

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping