Re: Usage of COMMIT NOWAIT, BATCH

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:13:04 -0000

As much data as had not been protected by the log writer since it last write - i.e. as much as three seconds of log.

Of course, if you had a long running transaction that took three hours to complete, and the COMMIT for that transaction was in that three seconds, then the three hours would be rolled back on recovery.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

  • Original Message ----- From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer_at_gmail.com> To: <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg> Cc: <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 9:21 AM Subject: Re: Usage of COMMIT NOWAIT, BATCH