Re: The problem is that SQL*Net is too chatty, because FTP runs fine.

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:08:16 -0800

On Feb 1, 2008 12:48 PM, David Taft <oradbt054_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Once the problem was isolated to be a 9i to 10g issue everything fell into
> place. Here are a couple of quotes from the last two emails I received from
> the primary DBA on this task:
>
> "...I'm running a test now with atomic_refresh => false."
>
> "What used to run in 2 hours 40 min now runs in 12 min..."

That one has bitten a few people.

FYI you don't really need a 10046 trace to see the SQL*Net more data to client.

Just query v$session_event:

select

   sess.username,
   sess.sid,

   se.event,
   se.total_waits,
   se.total_timeouts,
   se.time_waited/100 time_waited,
   se.average_wait

from v$session_event se, v$session sess
where event = 'SQL*Net more data to client' and sess.sid = se.sid
and sess.username is not null
order by username, sid
/
--