Re: DBA Privileges and Developers

From: Oxnard Montalvo <oxnard_at_carolina.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:52:00 -0500

Who takes the heat if production slows to a crawl?

Is it "Those dumb developers writing bad SQL etc etc etc" ?

I'm a former DBA who is now writing code. Currently I cannot look at any of the DBA views / tables in any of environments.

The performance is a team effort. Oracle has placed a set of wonderful tools to figure out how to make the everything play together. Shame half the team cannot use the tools.

So solution seems to be buy bigger hardware.

Ox