Re: The problem is that SQL*Net is too chatty, because FTP runs fine.

From: David Taft <>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:30:01 -0500

I just reread this post. Even if this issue is not a caused by the network, the ssh suggestion is a great idea for potential future issues that are of the network nature you described. We use ssh tunnels around here a lot from our desktops to remote databases, but have yet to try server to server tunnels. Did you use ssh compression for that tunnel?