Re: The problem is that SQL*Net is too chatty, because FTP runs fine.

From: David Taft <>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:38:59 -0500

You and I both. My understanding limited understanding is that this is a private OC3 link, but the tunnel separates group-A traffic from group-B, etc. I believe the end result is multiple private networks within the overall enterprise network. I know both WANs are OC3, but I don't know what differences may exists in the tunnel setups.