multipath slvm hp-ux 11.23 - asm or raw??

From: Ujang Jaenudin <>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 07:22:49 +0700

I have itanium machine and hp-ux 11.23 installed, with 2 hba for each machine. I plan to use Shared LVM - raw.

  • I plan to not use serviceguard
  • is shared LVM natively support multipath (i means there is no multipath software from storage)
  • is it good idea to use ASM on top of shared LVM raw device?? - i thinking of easy management... i heard on shared LVM could not doing online changes.....
  • is NIC bonding/teaming can be configured without serviceguard??

thanks for the sharing....

"I believe that exchange rate volatility is a major threat to
prosperity in the world today"
Dr. Robert A. Mundell, Nobel Laureate 1999