RE: Oracle e-Business Suite and Vista

From: Mark W. Farnham <>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:32:00 -0500

I think this is valid tech content, and besides I have a short answer from Ahmed Alomari, formerly or Oracle, and now a key member of both and

Vista is supported if you use the Sun native Plug-in. JInitiator can be made to work, but it is not officially certified. I am running 1.1.8 and 1.3 JInitiator on my Vista system and I can access EBiz systems without issue.

Refer to the URL for Vista (Ebiz) notes.

  • Ahmed

The only thing I would add is to check whether your client side has reached a release that is certified to no longer require jinitiator such that it will work correctly with the Sun native plug-in. I'm pretty sure that is covered in the schan blogs, but I'm not sure whether it is in the particular note Ahmed referenced.