Fw: how to tell who the caller of a procedure is

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:52:54 -0800 (PST)

Ox

If you just want to know which procedure/function called the procedure, you want to read the stack trace from DBMS_UTILITY.FORMAT_CALL_STACK.

See Tom Kyte's widely copied "who called me" at http://asktom.oracle.com/tkyte/who_called_me.

Regards Nigel

  • Original Message ---- From: Oxnard Montalvo <oxnard_at_carolina.rr.com> To: Post to FreeList Oracle-L <Oracle-L_at_FreeLists.org> Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 5:01:53 PM Subject: how to tell who the caller of a procedure is

Oracle ver 10.2.0.3.0

I have a procedure which is called from one of four functions. Other than simply passing the name in as a varchar is there a way to have the procedure known the name. In my procedure I have one of four things to do based on who the calling function is.

Thanks
Ox

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jan 30 2008 - 11:52:54 CST

Original text of this message