Re: TAF and node failover non RAC oracle 10.2

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:48:39 +0100

I thought you mean failover at run time so I suggested FCF.

If you wanna use as active passive free failover it will work but you will have a problem, depending on platforms tcp timeout can be quite long

The other option is use clusterware and set up active passive. I did this configuration 2 months ago using application VIPs and it works very well and stable.

Thanks

--
LSC